- Design and develop features for next-generation distributed, and scale-out file system architecture with an emphasis on performance of various components in the software stack.
- Bring technical solutions to the leadership team, feedback on solutions recommended, new product ideas with the team through design review, pair programming, code review, and tech talk.
- Participation in all phases of a product development cycle: from product definition and design, through implementation, debugging and testing.
- Play a key role in system performance analysis and optimization.
- Act as a technical advisor and resource to other engineers and cross-functional departments across Business Units.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar field.
- 7+ years’ experience in SW development.
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging with C language in a Linux multithreaded environment.
- Strong in data structures and algorithms.
- Deep knowledge in identifying performance bottlenecks and performance optimization.
- Strong background in distributed systems architectures.
- Exceptional track record in file systems or related storage technologies.
- Masters or PhD degree
- Agile software development experience
- Strong Scripting/Programming experience in one or more of the languages – Shell scripting, Python, PERL etc.
- Experience with synthetic storage benchmarking suites a plus